Sunday 14 May 2017

BOYS’ BRIGADE INSTALLS MADUMERE AS PATRON

Imo State Deputy Governor, Prince Eze Madumere has been installed as Imo State Patron of Boys’ Brigade, Imo State Council by State Officers of the Youth Organisation.

Prince Madumere’s investiture as the State Patron of the Christian interdenominational Youth Body took place at the Chapel of Praise, Achi-Mbieri, Mbaitoli local government of Imo State earlier today and was performed by the President of Imo State Council, Lady Edith Onyejiaka.

Addressing the congregation of the Chapel of Praise, the State Public Relations Officer of Youth Body, Revd. Innocent Osuoha described Prince Madumere as a great leader, philanthropist, peace loving, humble and a goal getter who has continued to serve God and humanity. He also told the congregation and other guests that Prince Madumere has been a member of Boys’ Brigade since childhood.

In his prayers, the Chaplain of Chapel of Praise, Ven. Sunday Iherue prayed God to grant the State Patron, Prince Madumere, the strength and wisdom to carry on with the noble responsibility of helping to groom the youths so as to transform into good citizens with Christian moral values.

High point of the event was the inspection of the delightful parade performed by different ranks of the Association, capping it with a colourful Guard of honour, in honour of their new Patron, Prince Eze Madumere, Deputy Governor of Imo State.

In his response, the number two citizen of Imo State, Prince Madumere thanked the State Officers and the entire members of Imo State Council of Boys’ Brigade for finding him worthy to be invested as Patron.

Speaking straight to the youngsters in the parade in an emotional tone, he said: “while inspecting the Parade, I was particularly attracted to the youngest among boys in Parade because of his focus, discipline and marching according to the rhythm of the band. When I got close, I said to him, I was once like you. I was also a beneficiary of the teachings of the Boys’ Brigade. I want to say that it was this Christian Youth Association that kept me out of trouble. It kept us busy to the extent we did not have to follow the bad once. Today I am the Deputy Governor, but little did I know that I would be brought back to render service to this platform that groomed me. For me, it is an honour.

I can only assure you that I will surely be there for you and ensure that we all transform into leaders that will carry on with the crusade of building a great nation.”

Uche Onwuchekwa
Special Assistant to the Deputy Governor on Media 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.